Welcome to the IYT Radio Communications E-Learning VHF/SRC. (Very high frequency – short range certificate) course. The information contained in
this course is provided free of charge
in order to promote international boating safety. To take the free course and gain a thorough knowledge of how to operate a VHF-SRC Radio, you simply need to register with IYT and pay a $0.00 invoice which you will be prompted to do.
- Upon successful completion, the school will place an order with IYT for your final credit card style VHF Short Range Certificate.
- Please note, the school will charge an additional courier fee if you choose this service. IYT cannot trace delivery if airmail is chosen.
- Some candidates may choose to only receive the course completion certificate and not proceed to an IYT school for the final VHF Short Range Certificate for which there will be no refund.
- The phonetic alphabet
- Urgency & Safety messaging and channels
- How to communicate a pan pan, securite and mayday
- How to reduce squelch
- The purpose of the DSC distress button
- Difference between simplex and duplex
- MMSI number
- VHF power outputs
- How to call a specific station using DSC
- International distress signals